Responsible for reviewing bid documents, gathering details and compiling data to estimate production cost according to proposal requirements.
- Identify bid opportunities, visit sites, and/or represent the company at pre-bid meetings.
- Analyze take offs for quantity comparisons and prepare risk analysis.
- Solicit subcontractors and vendors fielding questions and scope issues.
- Prepare and review subcontractor and vendor scope sheets.
- Enter cost and estimating information into company database and maintain information.
- Successfully develop quantity based estimates from partial information.
- Establish and maintain a directory of suppliers, contractors and subcontractors.
- Quantify cost factors such as: raw materials, labor, equipment, tools, and transportation.
- Review, understand and work from construction drawings.
- Generate proposals using company estimating software.
- If successful, prepare post bid documents, handoff notes, and conduct handoff meeting.
- Detail Oriented
- Time Management
Bachelor Degree in Construction Management or Engineering or similar, combined with sufficient on-the-job experience to know the processes and variables to accurately account for the degree of uncertainty that applies to estimates as they develop through the project life cycle. Minimum of 5 years civil estimating experience. Expert in computer usage including Microsoft Office and the Internet.
If you are interested please apply online by clicking the link below. If selected, you will be contacted by a member of the Human Resources team.